Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mother May I?

Mother may I please go out and play
In the forest near the house today?

May I take my dolly with the broken arm,
Deep in the forest so dark and warm?

You see the sun is shining bright
And in the forest there is a light.

I promise that I will take care
while in the dark, cool forest there.

Dolly needs to rest and mend her arm,
And the forest holds a magic charm.

I'll make a bed of pine boughs sweet
And lay dear dolly at my feet.

I'll lay her gently; her eyes will close
And she will be in sweet repose.

The forest nymphs will gather round,
As dolly rests upon the ground.

Then you will see, her arm will be
As perfect as it used to be.

then Daddy can, if he but will,
Take you to the forest still.

And lay you down neath sky and tree
and bring you safely home to me.

For I can see you growing weak.
I can just barely hear you speak.

So mother dear, I can but plead,
Rest in the forest is what we need.

Lou Mercer-Some time in 2001

************************Featured Sponsor***************************

No comments:

Post a Comment