Total Pageviews

Friday, March 23, 2012

#1 My first poem for your consideration.

What do I like best in this beautiful world?
A blank sheet of paper awaiting my word!
A blank sheet of paper is a challenge to me,
I close my eyes and pictures I see.
To put them to paper in black and white,
Seems to be the thing that is right.
To convey to you what I feel deep within
Whether memory of good or memory of sin.
It seems to be a compulsion of mine,
That the end of each sentence surely must ryhme.
And it must for all purpose and intent,
Be a metered time when a sentence indents.
Anal retentive, you ask with a smile?
I think so, ever once in a while!
But still I scrawl with pen and ink,
All the thoughts I so nobely think.
And continue to write, page after page,
Until I am old and crippled with age.
Lou Mercer
May 2, 2003

***********************Todays featured link************************

505531_BUNN Free Shipping on $100 or more - 125x125

No comments:

Post a Comment