Total Pageviews

Friday, August 3, 2012

Installment #7


Meg
Meg handed her Paypal Business Debit card to Kevin and smiled. “You boys know what I need in the line of a computer. Ebay, something to balance the check book and keep track of my money, a word processor. Big screen. Sound.”
“Oh, one like you had?”

“Right! Only new and here, not in Denver. I don’t think I am ever going to get mine back and my store is waiting.” She frowned as she recalled the events that had led to her computer being taken by Jack Farley. “But wait until Mr. Farley gives us his report. He should be here pretty soon.” Then as an afterthought she added, “I wonder if that man ever smiles?”

Kevin and Greg laughed at the change of topic. “Gee, mom! Where did that come from?”

“I don’t know. He just seems like a very odd man. I guess I shouldn’t say anything. I only met him last week and have only seen him a couple times and that was under rather awkward circumstances. And he is coming down from Denver to fill us in and he doesn’t need to do that, so maybe I am just jumping to conclusions. But first impressions, you know….” Her voice trailed off as the sound of a car pulling up the gravel drive came through the open window. “Ah, speak of the devil!” They all laughed.

*******************************************
Buy Chapter One...Loose Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment