Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Installment #8 Geraldine Farley



     Geraldine watched the green Corvette pull into a parking place well away from the other cars.  That had to be Tucker Fuhrman.  He had said 20 minutes and it was exactly that.  She watched as the door opened and the man unfolded himself out of the low car.  Ah, yes!  This was going to be an interesting afternoon.  This man looked as enticing as he had sounded on the phone. She had done her homework and knew that he was not married and had a very lucrative business in Denver.   She was not sure which she found more appealing, the commission she would earn from him or the man himself.  He turned and located her real estate sign and then started towards her building.

She waited in anticipation for the buzzer to sound and Lisa to announce him.  Only then did she rise from her desk to cross the floor and open her door.  She smiled brightly at the man before her.
“Tucker!  How nice to finally meet you!  Lisa, hold my calls.  I want to give Tucker my full attention.”  As Tucker entered the office, she quickly closed the door.  She indicated a chair and Tucker took it.  Her bright smile was beginning to worry him.  He was used to women giving him lots of attention, but this one was making him nervous.  He glanced out her window and spotted the Corvette.  He spoke first.

     “Mrs. Farley, I would like to spend this afternoon exploring the different areas of Pueblo.  Can you help me with that?”
     “Oh, Tucker I am sure I can help you with about anything that comes up.”  She smiled slyly.  “And, honey, you can just call me Gerry.  Mrs. Farley is my mother in law.”  She winked.  “I thought we might start with a drink at the club.”  She waited for an answer.  
Tucker did not speak.  He was searching for an answer, and finding none.  His mind flashed back to the Italian Deli and Carole.  Women were just needy, oversexed objects.  Were there no ladies left? 
     “Mrs. Farley, I came here to discuss real estate, not a drink.  I would actually prefer to deal with your husband, since he would know what I want being a man himself.  Isn’t your husband available?  I thought I was clear on my preference when we spoke.”
     Geraldine crossed her arms across her bosom, suddenly feeling very vulnerable under the cold blue eyes of this man.  She saw her afternoon crumbling in her mind and knew that her husband was going to be the one spending time with this gorgeous man and bringing home the big commission, too.
     “Of course, Mr. Fuhrman, I quite understand.  George is in the office across the hall.  Let me take you there.”  Bastard!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment