Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Installment #10 Truckinduck


 

     Cynthia nervously opened the email from alfredj124.  She smiled as she stared incredulously at the one word, “Hello.”  Well, whoever this alfredj124 was it was apparent that he was a man of very few words.  She clicked on his profile again and then held down the ctrl key while she rolled the mouse wheel bringing his picture closer.  She looked into his sky blue eyes and tried to imagine what was behind the facade.  His eyes were intelligent, but cold.  Cold and far away.  And that hat.  What was with that?  Looked like the one Anthony Quinn had worn in that Zorba the Greek movie.  Oh, yeah, a newsboy hat.  Back in school they were called “Go to Hell” hats by the Allen Ginsberg followers.  I belong to the Beat Generation.  I don’t let anything trouble my mind.  I belong to the Beat Generation, and everything’s going just fine.”

     Good Lord!  Where did that come from?  Long ago and not very far away, but another life time.  Was alfredj424 an old Beatnik?  She toyed with the idea of asking him.  She looked at him and his dog.  There was just something about the two of them.  It was definitely a posed picture and even the dog was posing.  That would be a trick getting Daisy and Elvira to pose or to even hold still.

     She looked once more into the cold blue eyes and then hit the “reply” button.  Now what to say…”Dear man with the most beautiful blue eyes…” (delete).  “Carry my own suit case?  I can throw it over your house if I want to.  And my weight according to my height?  What is your ratio?” (delete)  She stared at the blank page for a long moment and then typed only one word; “Coffee?”  Before she could change her mind, she hit the send button.

No comments:

Post a Comment