Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Installment #32 A Plan Forms

     Marge listened as Tucker told her about the trips to the emergency room, the elevated PSA, and the excruciating pain.  Tucker felt better just sharing it with her and knew that he was in good hands.

     “Oh, Tucker honey, I am so sorry you are going through this, but you did the right thing calling me.  I am going to need you to call your doctor and give him permission to talk to me.  You may have to go in and sign a paper.  He will probably need to run some tests which you can get yourself to.  I will have him call you in a prescription for pain.  He will make you an appointment and I will come down to go to it with you.  The tests should give him something to go on in figuring out what is wrong.”

     Tucker suddenly felt hot tears flood his eyes.  Marge was such a blessing.  He was so lucky to have her.  Her and David.  A sob escaped his throat.
     “Oh, Tucker, honey!  I wish I was there for you, but I will be soon.  Have you told Cyndi yet?  She needs to know.”  She waited.  She knew Tucker well enough to know he was crying.  She really could not blame him.  She knew enough to know that this was serious.  Tucker did not just have a back ache.  She knew deep inside that this was connected to his cancer.  Hope as she might, she knew that Tucker was in for the fight of his life and she knew he was probably going to lose the fight.  Damn the cancer!  And damn her life for giving her the insight to see into the future and down the long road that led to nowhere.
     “I love you, Tucker.  Just remember that.”  And she slowly and very quietly replaced the phone in the cradle and turned to David, who was always there and never questioning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment