Total Pageviews

Monday, March 31, 2014

Tit for Tat on the Starbucks scene?

I love Starbucks.  I especially love the one on 4th by the bridge.  I met a very special person there several years back.  I used my other blog site to keep you abreast of how that went.  First there was the getting to know him, then the break up, and then the reconciliation, the getting to know him again, his decline  and finally his passing.  It was a long 2 years, but Starbucks was there through it all.


Coffee at Starbucks and then the walk along the river by his house were every day  occurrences since he had a dog who needed that.  But that is all history.  If you are really wanting to read that it is still available online in pdf. format.  One of my final chores in completing  things Sherman asked me to do was to find a good home for Cleo.  She went to live with Todd and his wife, who was President of the BMAC which Sherman had founded years ago.  Todd brought her to the estate sale and she remembered me.  We took our walk on the river.  When it was time for her to leave, she looked up at me, turned and got in the car with Todd and Dana.  Left me with another hole in my heart.

I did have one more task and that was to return a ring to it's original home in St. Louis.  I did that on March 10 and it arrived at it's destination on Jeff's birthday.  Karma?  Maybe.  They sent me a card for Starbuck's  so guess I will treat them when I meet them at Starbuck's on 4th Street on May 12.
 

  We have a few things planned, one of which will be a stroll along the river.  Cleo will not be there and I am sure at least one of us will have to shed a tear.  Maybe all of us.  One of those would'a, could'a,  should'a, if only days.  But such is life and life goes on until we all reach our inevitable conclusion.  In the meantime, we will cherish our memories and continue to make new ones.

See you in 42 days, which is exactly 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment