Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Cinnamon Rolls, Chandeliers, and Hello! Dolly!

 
Before I left the house yesterday, I rolled out my cinnamon rolls, cut them and put them in pans.  I crammed the whole mess in the refrigerator, because I knew timing on this little chore was going to be crucial.
 
 
This was the sky as I waited for Lawrence in the parking lot.  He was driving, you see.  Looks very scary, doesn't it?  Soon he popped up and away we went to the SCAP Red Ribbon Ball at the beautiful Antlers Hotel
 
Ok, I can hear you now.  Most of you know what a control freak I am and I must be at the helm of whatever vessel is hurling me through time and space.  That is why I do not fly!  But Lawrence seems like a reliable sort and he does run the SCAP office down here, so I at least know where to find him.  We parked in the parking garage and from that moment on, I was completely lost!  Phone was somewhere in the car and I was completely at his mercy. 
 Ah!  there is Valarie! 
And there is the door to the shindig!
And the silent auction!
 
This is what the chandelier looks like with my head in the salad plate looking up!
I did not get a picture of Lawrence, or John, or my food.  I thought I was eating a piece of roast beef on mashed up beans, but as it turned out it was pork on purple mashed potatoes.  So much for my taste buds!  I was astute enough to know what ever that dessert was it was gross, but everyone else at the table oohed and aahed, so I kept my opinions to myself.
All things considered, I did have a very nice time and the new staff at SCAP, Colorado Springs sure made me feel welcome and important.  Of course, my witching hour came right after the dessert was cleared away.  To my amazement, Lawrence did find the car in the parking lot in section P1, right where we left it.  The ride home was uneventful and we both stayed awake. 
When I got home I pulled the cinnamon rolls out of the refrigerator where I had crammed them before I left.  This morning I jumped up and baked them.
                                         
So here we are ready to go this morning.  Church is at 9:30 and coffee hour is right after that.  See you there? 
First Congregational United Church of Christ
228 West Evans
Pueblo,CO
9:30 AM
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment