Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Denny's Resturant, Pueblo, Colorado

Well, here we are at Denny's 3600 North Freeway in lovely Pueblo, Colorado.  It is 8:00 AM and the hot rod club that meets there regularly has not yet arrived so we have the place to ourselves, pretty much.  Probably a good thing because there is only one waitress, or at least that is all I see.  She is quick to tell me that she does not need to see my AARP card which lets me know that she pegged me as old when she first looked at me.  She could have humored me, but not thinking there is much humorous in this place.
So the table is clean, advertising is in place and menu's await our purusal.  
My friend opted for the senior veggie omlette with hash browns and an english muffin.  Looks good and arrived quickly.
                                     
I went with the egg white veggie omlette with an english muffin and fresh fruit, not because I eat healthy, but because I did not want to be a copy cat!  It was amazingly good and the fruit actually tasted like fruit!  Usually the fruit was picked 11 days early, but that was not the case here.  And I do love english muffins..

My friend had salsa for her potatoes and since she had shared them with me she also shared her salsa.  That was really good also.  I am pretty sure it was not made on site, but at least who ever bought it had the good sense to buy good salsa.  We all know how important salsa is at breakfast time for the hash browns. 
See!  Doesn't that fruit look good?  Happy to report that even the grapes were sweet. 
They did have a bit of a problem deciding what size to feed me, but it really made no difference because I made short work of those little fellows.

And here is the ticket.  Not bad for 2 breakfasts.  Of course this was one of those mornings when we both drank water.  Had we had coffee you could add another $4.00 to that.  We just weren't in the coffee mood this morning. 
So, for my trip to Denny's, I have to say it was niether a flag waver nor a disappointment.  Just another chain resturant trying to feed people and make a living.  Know what I mean?  Sometimes you go in a place and when you leave you have the warm fuzzies or a feeling of disappointment?  One of those things that you did and now you are on to other places and things.  Like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment