Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Peppers Plus, 2115 Santa Fe Drive out here in Blende on the Mesa.

Right here in the heart of all the action, yet out on the Mesa, is a mecca of fresh vegetables, yard art,  heavenly smelling flowers, a couple cats, and a dog to keep them in line.  When I first moved out here in 1983, Kenny took me out on the highway to Prutch's farms.  That is where I bought all my peppers, tomatoes, onions, fresh corn and what ever else we required to make the shelves of the food storage area full.  The trip out was always worth it, but then they moved into the heart of the Blende area.  I do not remember what year that was, but here they are.  It had to be more than 15 years ago.

The little pond in the corner of the yard has gone from just a little pond to thisaA place to relax and enjoy a little bit of piece and quiet along the Highway 50 bypass through Blende.  I think I heard a frog chirp.  Might have been my imagination though.  

This is absolutely the best use I have found for a 3 tiered fountain and it requires a lot less water and smells so good!
All kinds of veggies inside and how I got out without a picture of the corn is beyond me!

I bought 2 eggplants, 3 peaches, 3 pablo (?) chiles to stuff and something else.  My purchase was sanctioned by the cat,
and the dog
and my friend, Cheri, who is the head honcho.
And I headed on into town to do a few errands.  You can see all the goodies at the store on my youtube link click here
I may need to turn the music down a little on this one, but later on that.  Got to show you the heart of Mesa Gardens.  It is this!
The mighty Chile Pepper rules our world out here.  Every fall it is required that everyone freeze at least one bushel of chile.  Right now the roasters set idle.
Don't they look harmless there?  Soon they will be spinning bushels of the chile peppers over the propane torch and the aroma will fill the air.  Peppers, garlic, smoke....makes my mouth water to think and talk about it.  Chile roasting time in Pueblo, Colorado is an expeience that can not be explained, but rather has to be lived.  Peppers Plus is open every day until 6:00.  They are located at 2115 Snta Fe Drive, Pueblo, Colorado.  The phone # is 719-546-3137.  Give them a call and they can tell you when the peppers are ready.

Prutch Farms has been out here in business since Pueblo came to be.  They are a very respected business, honest, caring and always happy to see a new face.  They will make you feel right at home.  And as always, tell them Lou Mercer sent you.  (Has not got anyone hung yet!)








                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment