Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2019

#19 A new day






I began to rouse myself.  I had no idea how long I had been asleep, if sleep was actually what it was, but Rompano standing beside me.  I raised myself to his level and was disturbed to see that he looked very sad.  I thought of touching him and I could feel his warmth.



“Oh, Rompano, why do you look so sad?”  I could not imagine what could make him sad in this world we were in that had no beginning, no end and not even a now.



“ I have learned something.  I do not know how I learned it.  It just came into my head.  I think that is how we learn here. At least I think that is how, otherwise I would not know this.”



He did not move, but I felt his arms holding me.  And then he began to speak.  “ I am going to be sent back. I am going to be born again into a family in Central Kansas.  Imagine that!  I know nothing of who they are, or why I am going there.  I just know I will be leaving you and that makes me sad.  I have learned more.  I have learned that some people have been together since the beginning  of time.  They keep getting thrown together or finding their way to each other.  Do you think that could be true of you and I?”



I thought a moment and then smiled.  “I think that is possible.  The first time I saw you  I knew you.  You found me here in this place and that is something.  I love you like I have loved you forever.”



“And I you.”  He laughed.  “I do not even know your name.  We don’t really need names here, but I want to give you one.  I want to call you Infiniti.  I do not know if I will remember this when I leave here, but I will know you when I see you.  I will look in your eyes and I will see Infiniti.  We were meant to be together forever.”



Somehow I knew this was true.  I remembered how I had walked into places I had never been and knew where every thing was located.  I knew the people on the street that I had never met.  I remembered hiking a trail near Beulah and I knew I would find the Mountain Sage near the top.  Some people called it dejavu.  I remembered the first time I had met my husband.  I knew him.  I knew we were destined.  I turned to face Rompano, but he was gone.



A strange peace came over me.  I knew I had work to do if I wanted to reach the shining shores and rest in the arms of my sweet Jesus, but I was ready.  As I settled to the softness of my mossy little room with my furry friends beside me I thanked my God for having sent me Rompano.  I knew not what lay ahead, but I did know that somewhere I would find him, or he would find me and together we would work to change the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment