Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2018

#11 The Aurora Boreales.rerun

I did not see Sysnyck and Charmin any where so I concluded that had gone on some sort of outing.  For some reason I started think about the Aurora Borealis.  I have no idea where that came from, but on a whim I decided I should see it.  I had heard talk of it all my life, but being in Kansas and Colorado, I had never encountered it myself.  I think it is some sort of magnetic field and I had heard of the slow, dancing lights and how enthralling the sight was, but I had never bothered loading into the car and going North in case it was actually happening.  Now that I have all this time on my hands, I think I shall investigate the phenomenon.  I stood upright, or at least it seemed upright in my mind and thought about what I knew about the light show that occurred at times.  Slowly I felt myself moving and then with a burst of speed that had I actually been alive, would have probably ripped my head off my body, I was transported.

I am here to tell you, I did not have to view the Aurora Borealis from a distance.  Oh, no.  I was right smack dab in the middle of the light show.  I was so close I could not see it, so I pulled back a little ways, and stared at the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.  Bands of color swayed before me.  Mostly a dark limish green, and then blue, and pink.  The colors changed as I watched.  There were all shades and all hues.  Pale green gave way to a bright blue, which changed into a purple swirling mass.  It undulated before me and I swear I could hear the angels singing.

Once I was coming back from Denver and it was dark and cold.  As I started down Monument hill the lights picked up what looked like fairy dust in the headlights.  I figured it was probably frost in the air that had not fallen yet and my lights caught it.  This light show was similar to that.  It was nothing tangible, but it was there.  I was afraid to close my eyes because I feared the show would stop when I did.  I do not know how long I was there nor did I know where I was.  The Northern Lights, it was called, so I assumed I was North, but north of where?

I was not cold, but then this afterlife was neither cold, nor hot, nor anything really.  I had no idea how long I gazed at the Northern Lights and my only awareness was that I was totally unaware of anything.  Time stood still.  There had to be more to it than this.  I was totally alone as near as I could tell, but that could not be right.  I wanted to learn about this place that I now called home.  There had to be others here.  I had seen mom and Jake.  I had talked with Kenny. I had seen the woman pick up her dog, so I knew there was more to it than what I had seen.  With that thought in mind, the Aurora Borealis faded from my vision and was no more.

I was in my room.  My room.  While the afterlife was pleasant enough. I wanted more.  I wanted answers.  As I drifted on a cloud to sleep, I prayed the prayer I had prayed when I was alive.  "Now I lay me down to sleep.  I pray the Lord , my soul to keep.  If I...."  I never finished that line, because I had already died before I woke.

No comments:

Post a Comment