Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is a true story. Do not think I am making this up!

Delilah!  I have not heard from you, but I had an experience that I do so need to tell you about.  First, let me ask you about this dating thing.  I assume you meet for coffee.  Let me ask this....do you normally meet some where like Starbucks?  And why do I ask, you wonder.  Let me tell you.

I had some time to kill the other day while I was waiting to get in to see the lady at SCAP.  So I wandered in to Starbucks which is just three doors down from the office there on 4th Street.  So, I had taken my notebook and purple mechanical pencil with 0.7mm lead.  I love that thing.  I have this new purple notebook with real shiny on the outside.  You are going to be so jealous.  So, anyway I am working on another poem and I am all engrossed, you know how it goes when you write?  And I get this weird feeling that I am being watched.  So I pull my head out and look up and here stands this guy like right over me, like about 2 feet away just staring at me.  Course my first thought was that I either had spinach in my teeth or something hanging off my nose.  But here he stands and I thought maybe I was in his seat or something cause he just stood there staring at me.  By this time I am getting a little nervous.

Then the guy starts like leering at me.  Well, I took one look at that stoner behind the counter and realized I was on my own in this thing.  I said a quick prayer to all that is holy to strike this guy with a lightning bolt and give me a chance to run.  But the leering seemed to be about all that was going on.  Don't get me wrong, that was plenty.  Then he set his coffee down on the table and he set down beside me.  Then he started yapping about the roads and how he almost wound up in the ditch and carrying on like we had know each other for ever.  I was having one of those moments when I was not sure I had not wound up closer to the State Hospital then I was comfortable with when another lady came in and went to the counter.  Mr. Yap Yap Ain't I Great just kept talking.  Then the lady took another look at him and then at me and she said
"Harry?" 
And I said "Harry?" 
And he said "Martha?" 
And I  said "Martha?" 
and she said "Harry?"
And I said "Harry?"
By this time I thought we were all in an echo chamber.  
Then she got all huffy with me, and said "What are you doing?" 
And I said "What am I doing?"
And he said "Who are you?"
And I said  "Who am I?"  Cause trust me, by this time I was really beginning to wonder!

I actually felt like I had been caught committing adultery and I did not even know who this joker was.  OK, let me make a short story long and tell you these two yahoo's had apparently hooked up online and this was their first meeting and in his eagerness this guy had gotten to the coffee shop early and assumed I was Martha.  I hope the next time someone suggests that they wear name tags and leave me to hell alone.  By the time I got through explaining myself and getting out of there I was late and missed Linda.

Life sucks.  Are you still chasing men, or should I say being chased?  Don't hear from you much.

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment