Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I talked to Delilah and guess what!!

Finally after all these months I have spoken to the wayward little waif, Delilah.  Seems she is now in an "exclusive relationship" with a fellow named Danny who lives right outside Kansas City on the Missouri side.  I told her how pleased I was with the way she kept everything so secret.  Anyway, I am planning on going to Kansas City the middle of September so I am going to get to meet the little fellow.  Not so little, I hear. 
She is not sharing a whole lot on this one.  Oh, Lordy!  What if this really is the love of her life?  Guess that would be alright.  I just did not think I would live long enough to see this happen.  She was always such an independent woman and now she is all gushy.  Hope that does not happen to me.
And back to my search.  I do not think my quest is going well at all.  I tend to be a bit cynical when I do get on there to cast about for a possible date.  Now you do realize that I am looking in the over 65 bracket.  Apparently the geriatric unit is in pretty good shape if the roster on this online dating site is any indication.  They are all in very good shape, flat stomach, love to dance, hike in the mountains, long evenings in front of the fire, church on Sunday, fine dining or a hamburger will do, and the plumbing still works.  What ever that means.
I did find one that sort of piqued my interest.  Retired businessman from Denver, now living in Pueblo.  Financially secure.  Looking for an independent woman, weight to hieght ratio should be normal, be able to carry her own suitcase.  Well, ok, a few pounds extra would be alright and he might help with the suitcase if need be.  Sounded like the guy might have a sense of humor. 6'3".  That was in the range.  Whoops, a Catholic!  Red flag there.  But he was divorced so he must not be a very good Catholic.  No kids.  Hmmm.  Why?  Oh maybe he had them but since they did not live with him he put zero.  Well, a cup of coffee.  What could that hurt.  So I hit the interested button and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment