Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Off to Beulah and coffee with Allan.

OK, you would have been so proud of me!  I showered and dressed for this little venture with a tad bit more care than I usually display.  Wore my black, clingy culottes and a white tee with a vee neck.  Now, let me refresh you on this coffee date.  Allan is a retired engineer who lives up in Beulah.  He is short at 5'5", but that is alright cause he likes to hike in the mountains, so I am sure he is fit.  So, off I went for my little adventure. 
I arrived a little early, because that is what I do.  I am always early and if I am not early it is because I forgot and will not be there!  So the Stompin' Grounds was empty when I got there.  Course Jan was all excited to see me.  And always one to kill two birds with one stone, I had brought a supply of Lotions to replenish my display that she keeps there to  sell.
So I was explaining about the online dating thing and she reminded me of my two previous men friends I had brought to meet her.  First was the big tall 6'2" over bearing Cossack.  I dated him a few months, but that is history.  Then there was the 6 foot widower who wanted nothing more than to take care of me.  Well, anyone who knows me knows who takes care of me!  I have it painted on a plank on my deck "Love Many, Trust Few.  Always paddle your own canoe!"
Ok, I had talked to this yahoo twice in the past week and we had made this date for 10:00 AM on Monday.  It was now 10:10 and no signs of Mr. Engineer.  Ok, give him a few.  Never mind that tardiness ranks right up there with slovenliness with me.  Finally at almost 10:45 the door opened and in walked Allan.  Had I not been so pissed by this time, I might have cut the boy some slack.  After all he was very compatible on paper.  Retired engineer who free lances in Denver.  Lives in my favorite mountain town in the whole world.  Financially secure.  Sorry, but the being late thing is just inconsiderate.  And had he given me a good reason, but he just blew it off like it was not important. 
So, his receding hairline went from receding to gone to hell.  Shiny pate!  Little bit heavy went to obese.  Scruffy little fellow went to down right unkempt!  And I think he stretched that 5'5" cause he sure looked little when I first saw him.  I remained seated so he would feel tall.  The fact that he was 10 years younger suddenly became very important and not in his favor at all.  And when he smiled I was lost.  Those were the most ill fitting dentures I have ever seen!  I thought they were  in upside down.  I actually felt sorry for him in that moment.  I knew this was one of those "get the hell out of here moments".  But he was a human being after all and I did not want to scar him for the next woman. 
In my defense I was my usual charming self.  He was fascinated with my candor and humor.  The slinky culottes and and the vee neck also held his attention.  I explained to him that I was a busy woman and his time slot had been spent with my waiting for him to show up.  Then I apologized that I had to cut our visit short but I had an appointment with the Doctor in the Springs because I was having brain surgery on Friday since the medication was no longer controlling my "problem".  I did tell him I would call him next week if I survived.  He seemed content with that.  He walked me to my care, I toodles the fingers at him and drove off into the sunset. 
So that was my first encounter.  In a couple days I will begin searching again.  Perhaps I can find someone in the Libra thing on the Astology chart.  You don't think I am too picky do you?  I sure hope not.  If it was not for this lobotomy lurking on the horizon I would actually call him, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment